About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

C'est la Vie

Princess Buttercup: "You mock my pain!"
Westley: "Life IS Pain, Highness."

When we expect otherwise is when we are disappointed.  There is something in us that was made to live in perfection and peace.  Our souls will long for that no matter what.  I believe that this was deliberately done to make us homesick for Heaven.
My difficulty is with this: How do we balance the truth that "life is pain" with living in hope? I have no desire to be around people who expect the worst and who live in fear, doubt and unbelief.  I certainly don't want to turn out to be one of them!  Don't get me wrong.  I live in HOPE.  That is what keeps me from crying all day on the couch with a blanket over my head, so to speak.

I want to live in the free air of the REAL.  Not deluding myself with happy thoughts that have no substance and not becoming hardened.  On this journey --in the very now-ness and unavoidability of this pain-- I am learning that I was given my emotions for a reason.  My heart is broken and it is okay to feel that, to cry it out [even if *gasp* someone sees me] or sit and dream of a bit of how it might have been different than it is.  In times like these, it is good to look OUTWARDs at my friend and see that their life is pain too.  I don't deserve a medal for mine, but I do deserve a friend who understands what pain is and how to survive it.  I am learning that if I choose to look out and not in, I have just that.

I might add the pain in creases when you allow yourself to truly love another person because if you care about them, their inevitable pain will affect you as well.
Thank you for shouldering so much of our pain along with us.  I am surprised that so many of you kept reading along with us even after the news wasn't "and now we're home look at all our baby shower gifts and happy happy times"
Maybe it is time to look OUTwards and share life with someone near you?

3 comments:

  1. Tres bien! We can not control anything except our responses. Crying is ok, Sweet one. You Are allowed! It is quite an emotional loss you have been through. Now the news is malaria! So your emotional center will not relax yet. You and Norman have made wise use of your time.You have done profitable work in the yard to take up time. But there will be days when sleep is all you can do. It is good to sleep to recoop. Keep up with vitamins. Let Nancy and Jim pamper you! They are experts in the comfort food department and love to do it!
    We want to be with you more than anything! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new counter it helps to see time ticking off the clock.

    ReplyDelete