About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Sunday, August 14, 2011

after all there's only 1 more sleep 'til...

If you're not a fan of the Muppets' Christmas Carol, [1st of all, why not?] you won't get the title of this post, but I bet some of you will be singing the title as I have been all day yesterday and today.
Look to your right and check out the countdown... is anyone else getting chills?
btw: I know that lots of you look at the blog and don't let us know.  we are thankful to each of you who care enough to spend a few minutes of your day thinking and praying for us.  it is humbling and encouraging to have you there.  one thing that I WOULD LOVE would be to have more of you post comments and let me know you are there with me in spirit on the trip. you don't have to be the most eloquent person or have something profound to say.  "we are here and we care" is about as profound as I'll need when I am so far from home. =o) getting a comment on the blog here brings a level of tangibility to you all and to the support you represent.

A BIG THANK YOU TO HANNAH PROCH AND HER TEAM OF HELPERS WHO HOSTED A SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISER EVENT FRIDAY.  WE ARE HUMBLED AND OVERWHELMED BY ALL OF YOUR GENEROSITY.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you & your Dad as you head out tomorrow. For safety and for a successful court date on the 23rd~ Many at my church are praying for you faithfully as well. So go get those babies and bring them home!! Can't wait to meet my grand-nephews!!
    Love,
    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zero more sleeps and 41/2 hrs till you ride that school bus with wings! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete