About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday's serenade

I hadn't told you yet about how my Sunday was.  I did not go to church with the boys since dad was preaching at some unknown location or length of time and it seemed too unpredictable to bring them along. So I had my longest stretch of time to date with just them and I.  I was pretty worn by lunch and glad for nap time but a very sweet thing was that Benny, who LOVES to sing and does so most of the time (he is SO my kid!) sang a song he must have learned in Sunday School all morning (and I do mean ALL morning) The song was in his language and only seemed to have about 6 words but he repeated it constantly. His singing is always loud and exuberant.  The 1st word was allelujah and then some words I didn't understand and then Jesu and more words I didn't know and then amen.  He expected me to know and it and wanted me to join him so I sang it along with him mumbling the parts I didn't know and singing the 3 words that I did.  That morning I started to teach them the song "Jesus loves me".  Which sounds like "Geejhsus lubsahme" when they sing it.  I was getting pretty worn out and had lay down while they were playing and suddenly Benny came running over and shout-sang into my face "Jesus lubs you!"  I needed to hear that right then.  What a great "church service" the 3 of us had:  good heartfelt singing and the message that Jesus loves me.  What more do you need?

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to post all day and to no avail it would not allow me to! So I'm guessing that's why no one has posted yet. We miss you lots and can't wait to read the posts. I like all the small posts cause it's like opening lots of presents! Molly is on the phone with Lucien right now and is super-excited to see him tomorrow. She had a great day at Gabby's today making kool-aid playdough and going to the movies to see the Smurf's. Small meltdown missing her daddy this afternoon but beside that has been very well behaved. We just got back from opening night at the fair and she got to ride the Starship 2000!(she never stops talking about the Starship 2000) Tomorrow is wrist-band day and she and Gabby will ride all day. Caleb and Ethan are going back to college later this week and Jackie went back Saturday. Praying fervently for you tomorrow! Lot's of love! He's got the whole world in his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I too am waiting. You must be having a very full day! I trust in thee oh my God, my times are in thy Hands. xoxox
    Every word you write is so well put. We are beside ourselves with joy at the thought of the process you are going through.
    And today each phone call etc I jump. But I know that from a human stand point we wait on bated breath, but God knows what is and his plan involves waiting and trusting. Love you baby girl. Proud of how you conduct yourself. love to dad and the boys. YLMWLYL, Mom

    ReplyDelete