About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

what does a miracle look like?

Some days are better than others and everything is random? OR there is Someone who made us and cares to interact with us throughout our days?  well... I think you know which one I choose out of those 2.  but what does a miracle look like?

is it a miracle that 100's of people care enough about our life to read my updates everyday and honestly stop their life for moments or hours and pray for us or donate money or both when they have so many things to do and think about already--many of which we do not know personally?

is it a miracle that 2 [2 year olds need I remind you] boys who moments earlier were testing everyone's patience and being crazy and naughty sat for hours contentedly while not making a single sound in a courtroom with only my bracelets to play with?

is it a miracle that we played and whisper-sang (by just moving our lips) "i love you's" to each other and "Jesus loves me" during the hearing without disturbing anyone?

is it a miracle that Johnny quietly listened when we told him and perhaps seemed to understand that he has 2 mommies now?

is it a miracle that he only cried for a few minutes and didn't really put up a fight or try to get out of my arms while his auntie walked to the car?

is it a miracle that when the hearing started out on a negative tone a snapfish photobook and some bold unsolicited words from both myself and my father seemed to change the tone in the room?

Is it a miracle that I [who often can't sleep before a big event and have not been sleeping well this whole trip so far] had the best sleep I have had so far on the trip last night -the very night before our biggest day do far?

is it a miracle that I stayed calm all day and didn't cry during the hearing, or at all today actually, even though it was very hard?

is it a miracle that as the hearing began and things were not going well, I managed to remind God that I promised to praise Him whatever the outcome and that I would still trust Him with my life even if this ends in a way that it different than I hope it will be?

IN MY MIND THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT THE ONLY POSSIBLE ANSWER TO ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS IS ABSOLUTELY. YES!

5 comments:

  1. Rachel we are thinking of you guys everyday and praying, we can't wait to have "two additional little Brimers in the neighborhood". God speed...Love ya! Mark, Luda and Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow...Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a godly writer. Love your ability to share your heart and lead us all to a quiet god-filled place.
    Love you forever, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel we have monitored the blog each day, and pray that your work shines through. Your determination demonstrates that you have the strength to make this happen. If anyone deserves two angels in their lives...you and Norm do! Keep the faith, remain strong, and the righteous will prevail.

    ReplyDelete