About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Friday, February 17, 2012

quite a workout!

our bicycles. green one is the "real"
     









How can I possibly fit in a any time to workout w 2 3yrs olds on my day off?  They are obsessed w/bicycles.  The Wiifit has an exercise where you jog on the board and steer the bike w/your hands holding the Wiimote and your Mii on the screen is riding a bike.  THEY LOVE THIS!  They get out their own "bicycles" and jog next to me on their bathroom stools.  When the voice on the Wii says "step on" they step onto their stools and we rides bikes.  We rotate out being the person who is actually on the screen (they each have a Mii) so they can see themselves riding and getting the flags.  It is pretty great. 
This morning, Hayden forgot that he wasn't the Mommy (he forgets that sometimes) and is shocked when he can't control when and how things get done.  [Can I get a hollar back from any other 1st born out there?  Oh yes!]  I ask him, "Hayden, which one is the Mommy?" He and Garak each point emphatically to me. Then I ask, "Are you the Mommy?" They usually both answer "Nooooooo"  Sometimes that is all it takes.  Today that wasn't all it took.  He got to sit in time out watching Garak and I "ride" for a few minutes and then he agreed to play cheerfully.  That lasted about 90sec and then he was in another timeout :)  After that though he was delightful for the rest of the day.  What a relief not being in charge of when and how the family operates when you are only 3 years old!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting it in. So glad they have you for a mom. I always knew you would make a great mom. Wish we were near!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new set up in the room. Did you move the Ikea piece to the basement? -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was noticing that move this morning. It looks brighter and more spacious.

      Where there is a will there is a way. I've dropped fifteen and it feels good to wear an old pair of jeans that look new due to lack of use;)) That's me smiling with just a double chin not triple lol.

      Delete