About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Friday, June 1, 2012

activate the emotion chip

Norman and I have noticed something lovely in the past several days.  Our already delightful children have taken their sweetness to a whole new level.  I'm not saying that we enjoy the manner in which they express every one of their emotions, but I am saying something very significant in our family's development is happening.

Think about yourself for a minute and when you express yourself emotionally.  It is either when you are alone or when you are with someone who feels really safe to you.  With that person you know it is okay to fall apart, act on the ugly that you feel inside or love with abandon because you are confident that you won't we rejected for your outburst.  Love casts out fear.



Lately our boys have been much more expressive with their dislike for things resorting to tears more often than in the past.  Yes, this is a positive thing.  The payoff is that they are loving with heartfelt abandon.  Garak especially has been clingy when I leave for work and grabbing my leg when he meets new people instead of his former "every person I meet is my best friend" style.  The best part is that they just want to be held for long soft cuddles by both parents.  There's also a lot of verbalizing (my favorite part of course as the language teacher).  They'll just stop whenever they are doing as if the thought just occurred to them, get up and run to me with arms up and exclaim, "Mommy, I love you SOOOOOOO much and I needa hug you!"  Norman has been reporting the same phenomenon. They LOVE their daddy so much too! [what's not to love?]  Very often they will tell me about what they did with daddy while I was at work and end the story with, "because our daddy is SUCH a nice boy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment