About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mommy, Johnny lika mechi!

Mommy, Johnny lika mechi! --said during a playdough session! YES! it is a breakthrough! I replied, "isn't it FUN to be messy?!" Followed by "Johnny lika big BIIIG motocahs!" He was cutting cars out of playdough with a cookie cutters at the time.  Some kids talk a lot and some barely at all. I have talkers. Which is fine by me.  We have that in common.  I find it amusing how they need to narrate each and every activity as it is happening and then summarize and re-tell what just happened adding commentary.  btw: I know some adults who do the same thing and I'll admit that I find it less endearing when they do it;...lol.
Sometimes we think they are really just dark-skinned Italians. Garak often enthusiastically exclaims during meals "Itsa gooda!" when asked how he likes the food.  We're loving every little phrase at the moment.  Pretty darned cute!  Not that you haven't heard this before but really really believe it when I tell you; you don't need money to make your kids super happy!  Mine are currently playing with playdough that we made using [cost = a few cents], disposable utensils that come with take-out, cookie cutters and are using empty Airborne cylinders for baby rolling pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment