About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happier Easter

Our 1st day together.  Last Easter.  There aren't words to express what's in my heart as I reflect back over this past year.
Since last Easter the name of this blog has become a reality at our house.  We used to talk about Uganda more and remember life there a bit better than we do now.  We are settled here but we have not forgotten -nor could we ever- what it took to become the Brimer Party of 4.  Every family is a miracle -this I know- but ours, well it was created by a long series of miracles that continue to this day.

 Last week we watched a presentation shown by a man we know who just got back from Malawi (which is near Uganda in Africa).  The images of the children in tattered clothes brought me right back to Uganda in my heart.  I looked down at Hayden who was sitting on my lap and asked, "did you and Garak used to have broken clothes like that boy?"  His sweet little face which already was very seriously studying the photo looked up at me and said gravely, "Yech and we was cho bloken too"

we was so broken too


I was speaking to a friend last week after the impact of the Malawi presentation and I said something about not needing to live in constant guilt because we can't control it that we live here and they live there. [I am not heartless, please know that it was a very long conversation and I am only telling you the end.] His response has been haunting me ever since.  He said something along the lines of "to a people so blind to the needs of others and living so comfortably while others struggle to make it through the day, maybe guilt is just what we need to feel."  I had to agree.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember the starfish on the shore illustration? Thousands of starfish were dying on the beach. Two friends walked the beach and every few steps one bent down and threw one back in. The other said, that's not going to make a difference, and the thrower said, it did for that one.

    You have done a great and powerful thing for two wonderful God chosen children. PLEASE do NOT feel guilty. Be elated that for those two boys you were able to bring to a world of abundant love, life is as great as it can be.

    All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete