About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Sunday, April 8, 2012

"I Am You Chocolate Shumbunny"

Garak welcomed Easter morning with an aria of his own composition starting around 6am.  Happy Easter!  So he and Mommy had a little talk about being nice to our brother and parents who may not want to hear loud singing while they are still trying to be sleeping.  He was a very joyful child all day but especially in the morning when he and I were getting ready for our day. 

Those of you who don't watch Veggie Tales may not completely appreciate this sweet little story I am about to tell.  There is a song called "The Bunny Song" on the episode "Rack, Shack and Benny" where the characters eat chocolate bunnies and don't listen to their parents and get tummy aches. (Such a fitting story for today!)  So, in my cuddling w/the boys I have always given kisses on their necks and pretended I was eating them all up "for sweeties."  Since they watched the aforementioned episode though, they have been my chocolate bunnies who I eat all up until I get a tummy ache and they LOVE it and think it is SO FUNNY or "cho fuuny" as they say.  Also Garak calls rabbits "Shumbunnies" because of a book about bunnies we have that starts each sentence with, "Some Bunnies do... and Some Bunnies have..."

So today Garak had gotten himself all dressed very quietly after our talk and I was putting his shea butter lotion on his face and brushing his hair while he was sitting up on the counter.  He looks up at me and says, "I am you chocolate Shumbunny!" with the sweetest grin and an invitation to eat him all up.  Delicious!


1 comment:

  1. You just gotta love that boy! Both actually. Please try for another schnuggl a puppy video with Hayden.

    ReplyDelete