About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Friday, April 13, 2012

kidisms

A few sweet things to share are below:

Beautiful Katie at Fort Knox
This morning I was getting ready while the boys read books in the hallway.  I was standing in the hallway but looking at my self in the large mirror that hangs in our bedroom.  Hayden questioned what I was doing and I replied that "I am looking in the mirror to see if I look good."  His reply, "Oh. okay.  Yes, you do look good."  Angel boy!

Joel-6  Meredeth-5  Garak-3  Hayden-3.5
Today we went to Fort Knox (no, not where they keep the gold).  It is a huge colonial fort that never was used in a war so it is very well preserved and a great place for climbing etc.  We had quite an adventure climbing and discovering storage rooms and passages [where Hayden and his cousin Joel got quite a scare when someone unexpectedly answered their echo calls into one of the dark tunnels!] and catching views of the ocean.  Hayden and Garak and I rounded one corner and Hayden exclaimed, "Woah this is CHO big!  This is what God made [just] like [how He made] the yellow one (referring to the sun)"



When they walk on the wooden floor w/just socks on, they will say, "this floor is so sleddy"  sometimes they pretend to be the Bruins. very cute to watch.

Today at lunch Hayden was pushing out his belly as far as he could and said, "my belly is cho big!"  My reply,  "then I guess you don't need anymore food."  His immediate response as he sat back to normal size in his chair was, "my belly is so small."
running along the top of a wall Garak on the left
There is a horse who lives down the street.  He came running up to our car (as close as he could through the fence) as we returned home today to greet us and so we rolled down the windows.  He blew at us a few times like horses do and Hayden said "da horn-see made a noise like a motocah!"

When eating hard boiled eggs.  "I see you baby egg."  they both say to the yoke.

View from top of fort w/Bucksport in back.
And my personal favorite --The Jehovah's Witnesses came to the door this AM and rang the door bell.  I was still getting ready to go.  We were in the upstairs hall and we could see them but they weren't really looking in to the house so they didn't see us.  Both boys were looking down at them through the railing and Hayden said, "Those are NOT our friends!"  I agreed, "No they are not" and Hayden said, "They can't come in."  I ignored the doorbell on his recommendation.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! My heart bursts with affection upon reading each senario of your lives.

    ReplyDelete