About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Saturday, July 2, 2011

but why?

Continuing my thought from yesterday:
What I am trying to say [and I warn you that you might not like it] is that this is not necessarily linear, there ARE no check boxes, this is not about goals and action plans. {there is no secret ingredient-so to speak--A shout out to all my fellow Kung Fu panda fans}


It is as simple and as complicated as this:
There is Someone in love with your heart.  His thoughts towards you are all good and loving.  He actually is the One who made your spirit and gave you your dreams.  He wants you to love Him back.  He wants real, truth, intimacy,  love, respect, beauty, joy between the 2 of you.  He just wants you.  Not with your checklist tucked under your arm along with your 5-year prospectus.  He knows how great you can be.  And the best part is that even though He doesn't judge you for being who and where you are right now, He wants you to be your best.  Not in a work-really-hard-to-get-an-A-kind of way.  More like a peaceful-confident-be-who-you-were-meant-to-be-kind of way.  The way to become that wonderful version of ourselves, as much as we may not want to hear it [I know I don't] is to go through the pain.  Experience it.  Feel it.  Live it. 
Why? I knew you'd ask that. 
Because when we are in need, we ask for help, acknowledge our dependence and start seeking answers outside of what we already know.  This is where growth happens in life; in the very daily journey of it.  When we tell the truth about ourselves to our Maker and the Lover of our soul, our faith grows.  When we admit to ourselves who we really are and acknowledge our fears and inadequacies, we -the real us that is our spirit- grow.  It matters to Him that we keep growing and keep becoming.  Because we matter that much He engineers situations for us to experience in order to grow us and show us both who we really are (the good, bad or ugly of it) and also to show us who He really is.  Note Bien: NOT the He who we have studied or think we already know or knew last time we were in pain, in other words, who he WAS.  He wants us to know who he IS currently... right now.  Knowing THE TRUTH (as a Person) is the prize for experiencing the pain. 
That is life.  Simply and Beautifully and By Design.

2 comments:

  1. "Little Lucy Ladybug, who cares for you each day?
    Oh I have a lovely someone, I'll tell you if I may... He is the Heavenly Father, who made my bath and bedroom, too; and kindly watches over me, and cares for me... and you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! O to live in the comfort of his unconquerable love. He is The One who is the lover of my soul! His love endures even when I am unacceptable to others. Thank You for that, Lord!

    ReplyDelete