About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

5:23 AM Phone Call: Sick Baby

If you are a parent, you have been woken up to a sick baby at all different times of the night.  I know that I am not unique in the fact that I was awakened by this kind of news...the unique part is that I was hearing it over the phone from thousands of miles away.  My guess is that most of the times you heard it by a cry down the hall or from the crib in your room or something similar. It was a hard morning yesterday when we got a call from our friend Elizabeth at 5:23 AM saying that Benny was sick with a very high fever and that he may even die.  Now understand as I am listening to this I am wading through the very thick accent and the bad phone connection and the sleepiness.  All I could say was the equivalent of "keep to the code" "remember the plan."  Before we left we left instructions that if the boys were sick to go straight to our host, Valerie.  She would pay any medical bills and we would settle with her upon our return.  In the end, before I left for work around 9:30 am EST he had been brought to the dr and treated for malaria.  There are 4 injections to be given over 4 days.  He hates injections...a lot!  Pray for peace for him and healing for his body.  And pray hard for peace for his momma's and daddy's hearts.  This song is speaking to my heart today.
http://youtu.be/1CSVqHcdhXQ

1 comment: