About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't worry. He has malaria

Here is the email I got yesterday from the woman we stayed with:

The child has malaria and is going back to the clinic to morrow. (4 treatments total 1/day for 4 days)
I think it was the boy's grandmother that came this afternoon for the money to pay for the treatments (12000 ug/sh = $5). My daughter said that she brought Benny and he seemed O.K and was running a round. She said that he had malaria. Please do not worry

 No worries.  Okay.  Right.  Sure.  Exhale.  Remember your mantra >>> I cannot control or change this situation.  I never have been able to.  I will not be able to keep my children safe and healthy even when thy live in my house.  There is nothing I can do but pray...and cry.  Will you join me for one or both of those activities?

2 comments:

  1. absolutely! Oh I love that boy! I can not wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his face off. And Jonny too! And you too! So happy they are ours. We are trying to not let them consume every waking thought, but they keep sneaking back in. xoxo ylmwlyl, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rachel, we are praying for them!! And you!

    ReplyDelete