About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Sunday, May 22, 2011

78 days and counting

Already counting the days til I can go back and get my babies...
August 9th is my 1 year anniversary at the bank and when I can take paid adoption leave.  It is honestly nice to be home in some ways but it feels odd not to see banana & palm trees and to feel cold in the spring weather.

Our lawyer let us know that it could be weeks before he could secure a date with judges being reassigned to other place to take care of political petitions etc.  We obviously couldn't wait an indefinite amount of time. 

You're probably all wondering how we're doing... we don't know the answer to that, honestly.  Not good of course, but we are still numb and just in survival mode.  we are both heading to work tomorrow so pray for strength.  This week should just be about doing what absolutely Must be done and nothing else.  Thanks for reading and caring and replying.  I will keep you all updated here even during the interim.  I have lots more pictures so I will add those and tell some more stories in the upcoming days as I have the energy to do so.


1 comment:

  1. so sorry that you had to leave your babies... i know you left your heart in uganda even more this time... like when we had an awesome thanksgiving weekend with caleb, when he was 2 months old, then had to leave him in guatemala for 8 months. it ripped all our hearts out -- mine, my mom's, and leah's. i would watch the video of him everyday when we got home. it made him feel so much closer : ) seems like such a distant memory now... thank you for sharing your journey, the pics of uganda and of course your boys. praying a very speedy delivery to you...

    ReplyDelete