About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday's small success

This morning we forced a meeting with our lawyer.  We talked very frankly about our concerns and the fact that we perceived that he hadn't been totally honest about what he was able to do for us.  The short of it is that he says he is 100% sure we can be heard at court on Wednesday.  We will believe that when we have the orders and court documents in our handsWe beg you to pray to that end!  That being said, we are certain that we will have to extend our trip since we cannot even request a visa until we have the court documents in hand and the US Embassy does not even have office hours at ALL on Thursdays.  Not even for American citizens.  You can't even enter the building on Thursdays.  (I hope you can hear my tone as I type that) Our original departure date was Saturday which leaves us only Friday to go to the Embassy and they do not process visa requests "same day."  All of these changes and extensions will be costly not only with changing airline ticket dates but also time away from work and costs of living here.

bribery at work

playdough aftermath

our dooryard w/Sedris (the maid) and Herbert (the house & grounds manager/guard)

4 comments:

  1. We hear you! We are flexible on this end. Try not to book return for a Wednesday or Sunday AM. Other than that we can rearrange our schedules. We love the smiles. Your own words say it beautifully. Our God is in control. I can not imagine the idea of you leaving them there either. Adopting in Uganda is extremely challenging. But He is not with out power. We love you and our awareness of your struggles there are on many hearts and minds.especially your family members, and those in our churches.
    XOXOX
    Play-dough. great idea. How fun. Your sons have beautiful faces.
    Much love and prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, we love you guys so much! Remember that God's timing is the right timing. He has a kingdom purpose that is bigger than our immediate desires and we have the privilege of being part of it. He will be faithful to complete this work of parenthood in you. It is our job to believe He can do it and His job to decide when and how. He has never stopped holding you. You are so brave and such an inspiration to me. Before you left and I was so worried about the timing and your safety you were a rock with your eye on the prize, holding fast and standing on promises. You knew that God would see you through and had brought you to this place at this time. Nothing has changed. God can help you overcome the heat and the fatigue and the stress and everything else. You may never have an opportunity to be right where you are now again. I'm sure you just want to get home safely with them but maybe something else is at work, maybe there is a purpose for you today that hasn't been revealed yet. We can wait for you. We can help with whatever you need when you get home. Don't worry about this end. Tomorrow is not promised. "They that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Be silent and listen...have courage and come near. Who appointed this ruler from the east? Who puts nations and kings in his power? His sword and His arrows turn them to dust blown by the wind. Who makes these things happen? Who controls human events? I do! I am the Lord I was there at the beginning; I will be there at the end. Islands and foreign nations saw what I did and trembled as they came near... From far across the earth I brought you here and said, "You are my chosen servant. I haven't forgotten you." Don't be afraid. I am with you. Don't tremble with fear. I am your God. I will make you strong, as I protect you with my arm and give you victories...I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid. I am here to help you." Isaiah 40:31-41:13(minus a couple verses) We'll see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though miles apart we will all worship the same Risen Christ together on His day tomorrow. May you find Him to be fully satisfying. I am praying that you will find the proper balance in your situation; that you might know His peace. That you might have faces like angels (Acts 6:15) in the presence of the judge. That your entire confidence would remain in our sovereign Lord. I love you all, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a wonderful mother's day... it will be one that you will remember forever : ) praying a speedy delivery to you all this week, and you can bring your boys home!

    ReplyDelete