About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Sunday, May 29, 2011

a smidge of news from the boys

Nothing unexpected.  They miss us too. That is good. At least they miss us and aren't glad to be home.  Not sure if that makes me feel any better...maybe a little. Knowing the ones you love love you back feels nice.  Knowing they have to keep missing you for at least the next 11 weeks, not so good.  And a nagging feeling of when I get back in all those weeks from now will they still miss me like they do today?
Here is the email I received this afternoon in it's entirety:

My mum says the boys are fine. They are trying to adjust back to not being you with you but it's been a bit tough for them because they really miss you. Especially Ebenezar who perodically cries and asks to be taken to you. But otherwise they are in good health and God is keeping them well. My mum requested me to ask you whether processing of the documents is proceeding well and how you are doing. Have a good day. Greetings to Norm.
sad face Benny (this was in the 1st place we stayed)

Our lawyer says that the Ugandan courts take off for holidays until end of August so there's not much chance of anything happening b4 then.  other than that though all of the paperwork we handed in to him before we left was acceptable and in good order. 

pre-K school photo?
scared to swim: look at those eyes!
So that is the update from Uganda.  I can take leave from work starting after August 9th.  The court date won't be at least until late August.  I will want to go as soon as possible, but that will probably mean weeks of being there if I go earlier in August.  My thought is that lots of people are waiting now and lots of them will get pushed til after the court holiday so we will not necessarily be the 1st in line the day the judges get back from vacation.  Just trying to keep it real and face facts. 

day 1: playing alone- but they don't even have each other now
The fact is: those babies miss their mommy and daddy and they're going to have to keep missing us from right where they are for the time being. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, You are such a great communicator. My computer has been messing up so I was not able to read this until now. They are so precious. I kiss Benny good night as he is my screensaver. Jonny is also in my heart. I hope that the time passes more quickly than it sounds in black and white. Praying for peace and healing and joy. Loving you all.
    Mom -- Rachel Wange

    ReplyDelete