About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Friday, August 19, 2011

a few sweet things

just now Benny was in his pack n play in the dark settling down for the night almost asleep and he sneezed and then I heard a tiny whisper "ex-cuz-ah-me"...it was the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time *sniff*
Benny sings while he eats and quite a bit through out the day as well.  He loves to eat and will literally eat as many helpings as you allow him to have and then will finish off whatever Johnny does not eat.  It is amazing to watch!
today and yesterday the boys had a post lunch bath and then took a nap in the late afternoon.  they absolutely LOVE their bath time and they sit back to back and each play and talk the entire time sometimes interacting with one another and other times singing to themselves or just imagining that the bubbles are all different things.  they wash each other's hair and faces and share toys with "pleases" and "thank yous".
today Johnny got up first from his nap and so I scooped him up in his t-shirt and pull-up with his blanket and stuffed bunny and the small amount of animal crackers that were left from earlier in his little bowl and brought him down stairs to sit with Ja-ja and I.  He was pretty groggy but also seemed kinda sad and I was wondering if he missed his family.  I was starting to worry a bit because he was not himself really and I was trying to interact with him and he was kinda unresponsive.  i asked him if he wanted to draw and he said yes but he also wanted more "sweeties" (which means a snack of any kind not just sugary ones) so I said ok you start drawing and I will get you some. When I got up to the room Benny was stirring so I waited for him to wake all the way. * We took care of the essentials (sou-sou, blanket, bunny, snacks for both boys) and headed back down stairs.  as we rounded the courned into the room where Johnny was, he jumped up and shouted with delight "Benny! Benny!" and came running and met us half way across the room so he could greet his brother with a hug.  I got them settled on a blanket on the floor with their snacks and Johnny made a space so Benny could sit right next to him. These boys LOVE each other.  
If that story doesn't bless you heart, I don't know what will.  God makes families.  The miracle of two little 2 year old boys not throwing tantrums or fighting over toys but delighting in one another's company is a beautiful thing.  When I think of how long they were apart these last 3 months and how missing each other just for those few minutes after a nap was sad for them... well
*a cute moment in that sequence was as Benny woke and sat himself up in his pack n play he looked towards Johnny's bed and didn't see him then looked around but he wasn't tall enough to see over the side that I was standing right there. his brow wrinkled up and his lip started to quiver until I whispered "Baby Benny..." He looked up and grinned and put his arms up to be scooped up.
The only crying I can remember so far is a very short cry in the van after Johnny left his auntie and then again that night at bedtime he kinda whimpered for her but didn't actually work it into a full cry.  then today Benny stepped on the ball while playing soccer and fell and smacked the back of his noggin off the cement pavers on the driveway. That was a real long sad cry, and a well deserved one at that.
Benny is scared of the puppy but Johnny is not.  he leans down and pets her says "baby dogh-gie" over and over while he pets her.  I was feeding her today by dipping my finger into the porridge and letting her lick it off. I encouraged Johnny to try it so he did let her lick some off of his little finger as well...very sweet. 

3 comments:

  1. Molly and I say, "Awwww...so cute!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very precious! You are blessed young lady. And yes I read this two times and got a lump in my throat. This is so wonderful to read your thoughts for each day. Hug and kiss them for me and give a special big long hug for Ja-ja. I am waiting to see if he skypes me today. xoxoxoxox xoxoxoxox xoxoxox xoxoxox Mom
    PS: Molly is delivered to Sarah obviously they commented together. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just such a beautiful thing to hear how these boys love each other. Praying this continues their whole life!

    ReplyDelete