About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

how I was almost eaten by a camel aka: our day at the zoo


this was a great day filled with many fun, new and interesting things not the least of which was my being chased into lake Victoria by a camel who was trying to bite me. [as we approached the beach I mentioned that I thought it was odd that the camels were loose] I was running at my top speed and his teeth were just a few inches behind my head when I looked back at him. It was pretty hilarious if not horrifying...lol.  dad was unable to capture it on film but he did watch it happen and took this after shot. I am sure he would love to tell you the play by play if you get the chance to ask him about it.  good times.

the beach at lake Victoria at the Zoo

Chimp house. the boys were afraid of that fake gorilla and thought it might be real.  the woman w/J is Harriet, the housekeeper (and the jewelry maker) where we are staying, behind me is her son

Where to next?

Benny meets the ostrich

tired baby

lunch at the zoo

the monkey's were loose running everywhere

Super baby!
J's bff, junior. is the housekeeper's son and loves to help me by playing with the boys. I told his mom today that I wanted to put him in a suitcase and bring him home. what a great kid! he recently turned 13

not sure why I couldn't turn this but it is a great shot dad took.
I may put all the zoo day pix onto fb at some point so you all can see the entire set of animal shots etc. there are some great ones of lions etc. but this gives you an idea of our day

3 comments:

  1. Glad you brought your PF Flyers to the Zoo! Yikes! Very scarey zoo! The boys will think Rodger Williams is child's play...well it is hahahahahahahahahaha! I'm so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you get a babysitter visa for the bff? I think you're gonna need him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you've got a little time right now to enjoy the sights in Africa! This reminds me of the "zoo" in Greenwich that was shut down due to some unexplained missing animals (bears I think)and some loose alligators. Some things remain the same no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete