About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

giggle fest

those he loves he chases...rings quite true for me today. I loved and chased my son Johnny several times.  I caught him every time and he ran again every time. It was not exactly a fun day for Momma because of his consistent defiance until something really funny and wonderful happened. it started at breakfast when we had a time out before breakfast began. "Woolida Momma" was repeated quite a lot by myself (and Benny trying to remind his brother to listen to Momma).  I would say it was time for food, bath, getting dressed or whatever and would say "no" and then give a "chesire cat smile" as Grampa has called it and then start to RUN!  but after nap he wanted to be held and cuddled in his soft blanket while enjoying a leisurely snack and then the best thing was at bath time when we were pretending to drink tea out of plastic bath toys and I was pretending it was too hot to drink and spilling it back into the tub.  They got to the point of giggling hysterically where neither one could breathe for several minutes.  All 3 of us were genuinely laughing.  It was so cathartic.  Something special happened today.  I was Johnny's mom.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwe! I love you! Your words are like apples of gold in pitchers of silver! Hope the zoo is wonderful tomorrow!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a 2-1/2 year old pushing boundaries!!!! I know the feeling. We have power again. So I can comment again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete