About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bipitty-Bopitty-Boo


I'm looking for my fairy godmother... I need to de-princess-ify myself.
I have come to the stark realization that I am no longer a Muzungu Princess, but my old self again at my own house where I need to take care of myself.  In Uganda, there were maids who made the food and the beds and washed and dried and returned the laundry to us ready to wear as well as cleared and washed the table and the floors and bathrooms everyday.  I never had to thing about what to buy or prepare for food or if there would be clean clothes to wear the next day.  The most domestic thing I have done in over a month is microwave a cooling cup of tea. OK reality check.  I have noticed already in 2 days that if I leave things out, they are still there when I come back later...what is up with that?  Do you have that problem at your house as well?  I suspect you probably do.  This is a bit tricky.  Too bad I didn't sneak one of the girls home in my suitcase!  Well I have managed to do some laundry today and prepare food for the boys.  I'll call that a win.  We took the boys out to Perry's Nut House this morning and had a great time!  I'm glad my Sheesh is coming to see me [and take care of me I hope!] tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment