About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A nice place to visit but...

Uganda is so much more beautiful when you don't feel stuck here and you know that you will be heading home soon.  I actually loved the  view last night as I rode into the city.  There was a full moon and the city looked so nice. The view from where we are staying is also lovely.  The flowers, trees, lizards, people, everything is easier to appreciate as I think of leaving and not coming back for a long, long time.  Honestly, I think that I could stay here for a visit or a vacation now and genuinely enjoy it here because it is so beautiful and the stress from the boys' adoption would be gone.  I like the food and the people and learning about the culture and language, but if I shed any tears as I go, they will be replaced by tears of joy and thankfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment