About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

not "if" but "when"

There is no more "if this is going to happen."  It has happened. It is happening.  I have held in my own hand the beautiful document with the official red seal.  Norman and I are legally the guardians of these 2 little boys.  FULL STOP.  can we just breathe that in together for a moment. that beautiful wonderful truth. There were moments when I honestly doubted that I would ever hold that document in my hand.  It was very Abraham and Issac on the mountain top there for a while between God and I.  I was willing to accept it if they were not to be mine and this was all some sort of a test.
We were not able to get hard copy of the court order until last evening though so they were not able to start processing the passports until this Morning.  This may prove to be the reason why we were will stay another few days past our hopeful date of Sept 9th departure.  There is a very-outside-only-a-miracle-chance that we could get the passports tomorrow morning but we were not given any hope that it would happen that way today by the  immigration officer.
Be of good cheer.  Don't let a date that I picked as my best guess passing us by be the reason for any discouragement as we are not discouraged here but rather thrilled that were able to obtain the most critical piece needed for the process to proceed.  We are thankful for the favor that has been shown to us.  God is very much a part of what is happening here with us.  I have also received an encouraging email from the Embassy's office saying that they want to work with us quickly.  I plan to still make the appointment tomorrow to move forward if we can.
Thanks for not giving up your praying for us.

5 comments:

  1. Auntie "M" say: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! pretend those exclamation points are balloons! Bright purple and blue balloons! Tell daddy I say hi and I love him and I miss him! now off to math...TTFN...
    I was just on the computer to use the thesaurus for Language...TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting Almighty God!
    Appreciate so much your submissive heart as you shared your analogy of relating to Abraham wrestling with his own desire over Isaac rather than yielding to God's will for him. Dad and I pulled over on the way home from the hospital with you and had a similar moment.
    Look how that turned out! Above all we could ask or think.
    Love you and Love the strength of character being seen as we journey through this testing time with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bedbugs bite! (I'm sure they are bigger and grosser in Uganda)

    ReplyDelete