About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Please pray today!

My paid leave benefit from work has still not been approved.  I am eligible for this "bonding leave" benefit and thought it was all set before I left for my trip.   I will refrain from typing out the entire long story since there is no way I could possibly do it w/o being ugly.  The details matter less than the fact that I, we need your prayers!  We want to invite God to get glory in this situation by publicly asking Him to intervene for our family in this matter.  I am very frustrated of course since I began this process 6 weeks b4 I left for Uganda and here it is 6 weeks after I left work and they are still saying they don't see a connection between what I am doing and adoption.  If my case manager can't see the connection, I don't get approved for paid leave.  Today (09/29/2011) is the last day she will take any new documentation [before denying the claim and it going to an appeals process which is awful from what I hear] My lawyer's office in Uganda is typing up another letter which WE HOPE is what she wants.  --It all feels very arbitrary.--  I should be getting that this morning from him and then sending it on to where it needs to go.  All I can say is PLEASE PRAY HARD.  None of this makes any sense to us, but we are not the ones with the power to decide.  Ask God for intervention for us.  Not only for our finances which will take a hit if the last 6 weeks will remain unpaid but most of all for the boys who will not be able to have their bonding time with me and will have to start their daycare schedule 6 weeks before they would have otherwise. Thanks for your support and love.
~Hayden and Garak's Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment