About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Friday, September 9, 2011

packing for 3

we are heading to Jinja overnight.  For the first time ever I am packing for the boys and I for an overnight trip.  We plan to leave this late morning/early afternoon and head to my friends' place where this whole adventure started in 2009.  this will be a great diversion as well because it will be something new and totally different so the time will pass quickly for us this weekend.  Dad is planning to preach again at a local country church this Sunday.  We are planning a boat ride to the source of the Nile tomorrow morning which will be really fun too. I just heard back about the passports that they will not be ready this morning so I can't bring them today to the Embassy as I had hoped.  However I also heard from the Embassy that it is fine if I bring them to her on Monday before 10am.[great NEWS!] I will arrange to pick them up on Sunday somehow or first thing Monday AM. The travel agent also wrote back saying that there are no flights out of Entebbe we can take on Wednesday the 14th so we will have to leave on Thursday the 15th from here bringing us home to Portland, ME on Friday Sept 16th.  See you then! That is SO soon!!  In one week from today I will be in my own country, state and house... if that is not a comforting thought, what is?

2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see
    That you remain positive. We all are looking forward to a great reunion. Much love, Mom and Molly. Please get info pamphlets, post cards, videos of you all on the Nile, and in any other important setting so Molly can use it for her geography fair. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. welome home daddy {not yeat but <3 u

    ReplyDelete