About Me

My photo
Maine, United States
Happily married for 14 years- celebrating the reality that our children are home

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mamma alliwah?

Mamma alliwah? it means "where's momma?"  today after the 6 kids who now live here [we have new neighbors across the hall, a family of 6] went down for their naps the 2 Mommas who belong to them hopped on a boda-boda and had an adventure heading to the craft market.  The adventure included a torrential downpour and EVERYONE staring at us.  You could hear them talking about us as we went by.  I did my best princess wave whenever I noticed their attention on us. However the point of this little anecdote is that they kids were all awake by the time we got back and Johnny was especially clingy when I got back.  Our neighbor [the groundskeeper's wife] said that she asked the boys in Luganda where I was when she returned from work.  They answered that I had left on an airplane and gone back home.  It was so sweet and sad that they thought that.  For the last few days I have been talking a lot about how we are going to go on an airplane and go to see daddy and our house and their giraffe wall and their beds etc.  So I was gone and they assumed that's where I was.  Maybe they can't believe it either that we are all really coming back together.  Tomorrow is THE LAST BIG DAY when I go to the Embassy and bring them the passports and have our interview.  Our new neighbor Kate is going with me since she has some business there as well for her boys she is adopting.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, Roog! That is SOOO sad that they thought that! I can't wait until you are safely in the states and you can tell them FOREVER! You must be so tired. I am praying restful sleeps for you and dad. So close we can almost taste it! I came home sick today, congested and gross. I was thinking how rotten it would be to be sick somewhere other than home, like Uganda! I hope your body has strength you never knew existed! I love you forever! YLSWLYL, Sarah

    ReplyDelete